(How I look after your personal information)
If you have any questions or concerns about how your personal information is being handled, please do not hesitate to contact me.
If you engage with me via this website, or choose to become my client I may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
- Your name and email address when you opt into my email
- Your address for in-home consultations
- Your phone number
- Your opinion about future topics, products or services that may interest you
- Information that allows me to tailor my content to your needs when you sign up for one of my promotional events
Collection and Use
I may collect your personal information by various means including:
- Via the opt-in form for my mailing list
- When you visit my website
- When you contact me with an enquiry
- Commenting and engaging on my social media pages
- When you sign up for or attend a workshop
- A request for a testimonial
- When you become my client
- Undertaking a search or investigation in preparation to working with you
I use this information to:
- Provide you with relevant services, news and updates in relation to my services
- Respond to your enquiries
- Monitor client satisfaction
- Help others understand my services better
- Improve my services
- Provide more relevant information to you
- Provide news about my services
- Share developments in my area of work
I will only collect your personal information:
- With your full awareness and consent, such as when you email me, tick a checkbox or fill in a form to provide me/us with information]
- If I need it to provide you with information or services that you request
- If I am legally required to collect it
- For necessary administrative processes if you become my client
- If I believe that I can demonstrate a legitimate interest in using your data/photo for marketing purposes, although I will always give you a choice to opt out (see below)
I occasionally use photographs of clients, their child, food or objects in their home in my marketing materials (website, Facebook, Instagram, flyers etc). My intake form will ask what kinds of images (if any) you are comfortable me taking and I will always seek your written permission to use specific photographs. If you need/want to change your permission at any time, please contact me and I will amend our agreement accordingly.
I understand that some personal information is particularly sensitive.
I will only collect sensitive information by methods that are reasonably secure, such as:
- Through my/our intake form in when you book an appointment
- During an in-home (or phone/Zoom) consultation
- When you send information in an email
The reason why I collect this information is:
- So that I can provide you with the services you have requested
- To ensure that I am/can provide you with the most appropriate services and refer you to an alternative care provider if required
- Provide you with relevant news and updates about my service
The sensitive information I ask you to provide for this purpose may include:
- Relevant medical history
- Your date of birth
- Information about your relationships
- Relevant information about your baby/children which may include medical history and date of birth
I am committed to securely storing and handling your sensitive information.
- Sensitive information is stored on both paper files and a password protected computer
- Only I and authorised team members may access sensitive material
- I do not store sensitive information online or in the cloud
- Sensitive information may be collected from children under the age of 18 under with their parent or guardian’s full consent
All archived sensitive information is securely destroyed 7 years after we cease working together
You may choose not to provide me with your personal information. However, if you choose not to be completely honest with me, I may not be able to provide you with the services that you request.
Use of Personal Information
Reasons why I may disclose your personal information include:
- To provide you with the services you have requested
- To send you products that you have purchased
To do this, I may share some relevant personal information (on a strictly need to know basis) with:
- Support services such as my virtual assistant (VA)
- Australia Post or courier companies
- Third party providers who may assist with accounting and/or website services (in this case it will only be basic information such as name and/or email address)
I will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example, where [I/we] have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to [my/our] functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me to discuss this personally.
To the extent that I do share your personal information with a service provider, I would only do so if that party has agreed to comply with our privacy standards or has a suitably protective policy of their own. However, some of my service providers may be overseas and may not be subject to Australian Privacy Laws or compliant with GDPR. Please contact me if you have any concerns about the potential disclosure of your information.
I will always take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
I manage risks to your personal information by:
- Storing files securely
- Ensuring that only I / key personnel have access to sensitive information
- Releasing information to service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis
- Conducting regular audits of my security systems (to include the security cameras on premises)
As mentioned above, your personal information may also be stored with a third-party provider, where it will be managed under their security policy: e.g. Mailchimp – https://mailchimp.com/about/security/
From time to time I may combine information provided by you with information gathered from Facebook/Instagram Google Analytics or personal contact. If you do not wish this to occur, please contact me.
Access to Information & Complaints
You can contact me to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. Unless I am subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits me to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and I believe there is a valid reason for doing so, I will endeavour to make your information available you within 30 days.
Notification of Changes & Notification of Breach
If I have reason to suspect that a serious data breach has occurred and that this may result in harm or loss to you, I will immediately assess the situation and take appropriate remedial action. If I still believe that you are at risk, I will notify the Office of the Information Commissioner and either notify you directly, or if that is not possible, publicise a notification of the breach on this website.